Thursday 2 February 2012

Walk away to great health and happiness

Walking is the simplest way to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'm saying this not by looking at or hearing to other people or reading about it in the magazines. It's my personal experience. Financial difficulties during my childhood and teens acted as a boon in disguise. Most of the places I had to travel like school (5 kms away), shopping for 2nd hand books (avenue road, bangalore - 7kms) were all covered by walk and sometimes using a friend's bicycle.

Very recently I picked up a conversation with a middle aged person at a road side tea shop who had his views about software engineers being very weak and looking like 40 years at 25, etc, etc. And then he commented "you should be aged around 27 years if I'm right". That set of a proud smile on my face and replied to him. Thanks, but I'm 39.

That set me thinking about the lifestyle that I had led and the lifestyle led by this generation's youth. Ofcourse, the environment and absence of junk food also mattered then.

Even today, the day when I have my morning walk is the best feeling I keep throughout the day. I feel charged, feel hungry on time and very vibrant.

I'm all for walking as an all round exercise. Especially people who are working in the IT/BPO sectors, it's the easiest way to keep yourself fit. 20 minutes of a brisk walk and whiff of fresh air in the morning makes a hell a lot of difference. Trust me.

It keeps me stress free and lets me to squeeze in a plate of yummy paani puri on the road side without upsetting my health.

Happy walking.

No comments: